Saturday, January 5, 2013

Who Did I Help?

The other day, I was grocery shopping.  I saw an older lady who was wearing a frilly scarf made with that Sashay lace "yarn", and I commented on it.

While we were talking, I noticed that she was having some trouble opening one of those plastic produce bags that require an act of Congress to unfold.  I traded her the one I had just finished opening for the new one she was just starting on.

I opened the new bag and walked part of the way down the produce aisle when it occurred to me that maybe she needed more than one bag for different fruits or vegetables.  I turned around to offer her another one.  She was nowhere to be seen.  I looked all along the aisle and over by the checkout area.  No lady with a frilly pink scarf was anywhere.

It was one of those moments when I wondered if I had just unfolded a plastic bag for an angel.

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."  Hebrews 13:2 NIV

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment