Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tackling Tunisian Crochet

I've tried Tunisian crochet in the past and obviously missed a step or two, because the results were unlovely.

I found a couple different sizes of afghan hooks and messed with it until I found something I was satisfied with.

Here's a largish lap robe that finally came up to my standards.

 
 
Since I sewed the strips together with a row of single crochet I decided to make a ridge on the border as well to give the finished piece a more unified look.

 
 
I first worked a row of double crochet around the sides and then I did a row of single crochet as front post stitches.
 
 
It's warm. Each row came out with the right number of stitches. I'll do something fancier the next time I try this kind of crochet.
 
Thanks for visiting with me,
 
Kathi Linz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment