Saturday, June 7, 2014

Inkle Weaving


On Wednesday, a person from Canada asked me for a rush order for 9 inkle woven belts. I had a couple of them on hand listed in my etsy shop, but he wanted several with this bar pattern in certain colors. I wove until midnight and then woke up early on Thursday to finish.

This person sent me the exact description of what he wanted. English is not his first language. I wrote back exactly what I understood that he wanted so I would be able to give him the right merchandise. He agreed to what I wrote.

After I had woven these three belts, I sent him this photo.  He said, "No! I don't want brown, I want black and orange." I took a deep breath and started fresh with the colors he really wanted.

After the order was sent out, I took the ones he didn't want and a couple I had made just for fun on the days preceding this order, photographed them and posted them on etsy. So nothing was lost and, hopefully, something will be gained.

If you want to see the ones I posted, click here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/AvidYarnArtist?ref=shop_sugg

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment