Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Starting Early

We've had a warmish spring so far and I planted a few seeds early. In keeping with my recent determination not to do any more digging in order to garden, I am once again using my two keyhole gardens, some straw bales and also some bags of garden soil.

The straw is in preparation for  planting. I'm thinking that I will put in  root crops this year - say some carrots and beets. 

I opened three bags of soil and put in peas and spinach. Those seeds will stand up to some cooler weather. They've made a good start in spite of the little dog next door who thinks she should get to play in the dirt.

I covered the seedlings for a few nights when frost threatened. This is my first year with the "grow bags". I'll keep you posted.


Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment