Friday, March 2, 2012

A Wild and Crazy Day

This was a day to watch the weather - which I did for over five hours.  We didn't have a squall line come through.   we had a batch of super cells come through each with one or more tornadoes in it.  I think they counted over 60 tornadoes today and severe ones.  We had Kansas - Oklahoma tornadoes.  Towns are destroyed just south of me. 

A Christian reporter was in the direct path of one of the two tornadoes that went through Henryville.  His van pulled off the interstate and had a choice of two gas stations in which to take shelter.  He chose the one on the right of the road.  The tornado destroyed the gas station on the left side of the road.  The video footage of that tornado was spectacular - and I hope I never get as close to a twister as he did!

All we had here was some rain and a few claps of thunder.  The wind didn't even pick up until after the clouds were passed us.  Praise God for His protection.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment