Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rare rainbow

The other day, it rained in the morning.  I caught a rainbow in the west.  Very cool!



We also replaced several windows in the house.  Here are some of the old windows - and why we wanted to replace them.  No more plastic covers on the windows!  Woohoo!



I took off Monday and Tuesday this week.  On those days, I painted the shed, moved three rooms of furniture for the window replacement, and entered a writing contest.  Each dog went to the vet - Buddy for his annual shots and Abby for hay fever.  Poor thing!  Her eyes were swollen and she itched all over.  She'll have to be on antihistamines every year during tree pollen season.  I won't be able to open the window on the lovely cool nights.  On Wednesday, I did laundry and shopping and worked four hours.  On Thursday, the windows went in.  I kept the dogs away from the window people and worked five hours.  On Friday, I mowed the lawn and called it a week.  Phew!  It's almost dangerous for me to take off from work. I always try to accomplish the BIG projects when I take a couple of days off.  Today my major project was returning a couple of books to the library and buying a new kitchen timer.  That was accomplished in about a mile-and-a-half walk.  Nice day.  Easy pace.  Pretty close to a real day off.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi


No comments:

Post a Comment