Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another Kindness by God

I've long been told that God didn't tell us when Jesus would come back for one good reason.  People would do whatever they wanted until just before the day and then would "repent" or appear to so they would be ready when He showed up.  This is a good reason and probably true.

I seem to have found another one by accident.

In watching world events and matching them with Bible prophecy, late this summer I started focusing on the Feast of Trumpets this year.  At the time, there were about 5 weeks left until the feast.  Having picked the day, I went into something like a deer in the headlights period.  I froze because there wasn't enough time to accomplish anything with more than a very short fulfillment.  I had time to mow the lawn but not to send out any manuscripts to magazines.  And I certainly couldn't expect a story to get out of the slush pile, let alone see another book come out in print. 

It's a kindness that God did us by not letting us know the return date.  We would likely lose focus or over-focus (is that a word?) if we knew for sure.

So the best advise while we wait is what Jesus gave us in the parable of the talents:
"And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas and said to them, 'Do business with this until I come back.' ( Luke 19:13  -New American Standard)

Jesus said, "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."  Matt. 24:44  From that verse we know that He won't be coming back on December 21, 2012.  I guess it will be any other day.  lol

God be with us all.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment