Friday, August 16, 2013

Reviving a Vintage Yarn Craft

Mesh Weaving!!

I want to bring it back. It's fun, it's easy. It doesn't involve knitting or crocheting, but it does involve yarn.

You know me and yarn.  We're best buds.

So here's something that was popular in the '70's but has since died down until only the 60-somethings remember. I hope to change that.

Behold!
There are better pictures to come. Right now, I'm getting myself back into the swing of this and sort of making up the rules as I go.

There used to be a couple of companies that put out mesh weaving kits. You got a length of mesh, some yarn, a weaving needle and instructions. Sometimes the instructions required an interpreter. Those companies destroyed their files. We now have fond memories and old directions.

I started a blog and hope to publish the instructions and tutorials in some format or other. I am also making up patterns as I go.

Lots of fun!  See you sometime or other. You can also check on my progress at http://meshweaver7.blogspot.com

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi Linz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment