Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Current Project

After I finished the baby blanket, I tried an experimental pattern which failed miserably. I only had to spend about an hour on that one to find out it wasn't going to work.

So I started on something that requires nothing but straight lines and some counting to get the lines in the right place.

Here's where I am so far on that blanket.

 
This blanket is a bit over 6 feet long, so you are only seeing part of the work.
 
I'm agonizing over whether I should submit this to a traditional publisher or write up another ebook. My dilemma is that many ereaders don't have the capacity to display color photos.  My other issue is that, while I know there are other people doing this craft, only one has posted the old patterns which she distributes when someone asks, and a convent that sells the finished afghans out of their gift shop.
 
This begs the question of just how technologically savvy are the people who do this. Should I assume they have ereaders at all, or am I better off trying to sell hard copy books and figure a lot of copies will go to libraries?
 
I'd be happy to hear any opinions.
 
Thanks for visiting with me.
 
Kathi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment