Sunday, November 24, 2013

Craft Fair

I spent the last week in a wild flurry of knitting and crocheting. Les secured a table for me at a craft fair at the local American Legion.

Here's what my table looked like at the fair.


 
 
I also had a rack full of the woven belts and some knitted scarves that I worked up earlier in the fall.
 
 
 
What I sold was a couple of small things, several frilly scarves which are popular now days, and one belt. I spent a good part of the day showing people how to make the things I had on the table. Translated, that means I am still more of a teacher than a salesperson.
 
I also took a special order for an afghan done in neutral colors. I like color. It appears that I am in the minority on that score. Most other people want their handcrafts to blend in with their décor. (Muttering under my breath about the lack of creativity...)
 
Anyway, hospice will be the winner on this occasion as I will donate the unsold lap robes and shawls to them. After the holidays, I don't know what I will do with all of the belts. I could sew them all together and make a very warm blanket, but the abundance of patterns and colors in THAT creation might challenge even my capacities.
 
Thanks for visiting with me.
 
Kathi Linz

 

No comments:

Post a Comment