Monday, December 15, 2014

Gift for an Old Friend

Long ago and far away, I was good friends with one of my male classmates. He's married and living in St. Louis now, retired (I'm jealous of that) and keeping busy with several pet projects.

Somehow we connected on LinkedIn. He gave me the address of our 8th grade teacher and I gave him the address for our fifth grade teacher.

I also asked him what colors he and his wife would like if I were to make them an afghan. He told me maroon and gold. You probably won't make the connection, but those were our college colors. He's decorating his house with our COLLEGE COLORS!!!

Anyway, I made an afghan in one of my quickest patterns - a granny ripple. It looks like this:


or if you prefer



Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to anyone who might be reading this in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi Linz


No comments:

Post a Comment