Saturday, October 22, 2011

Early this morning

I heard on the news last night that there was to be a meteor shower between midnight and dawn this morning.  Les and I went out at 6 am in the frosty air. 

The sky was as clear as I've ever seen it. I can't tell you how many solar-stellar spectacles I've missed because of clouds.  Early this morning was not one of them.  I could see more stars than I remember ever seeing before. 

Orion hung right over the roof of our house and that was where we were to look for the meteors.  They were not spectacular.  If you've ever had a fields vision test at your eye doctor's, you know what the meteors looked like.  They were tiny flashes in the sky in the area of Orion's club. 

While I was admiring the sky, the two dogs were trying to herd me back into the house.  They couldn't understand why I would want to stand in the backyard before dawn in the frost when we could all be snoozing cozily inside.

I'm just glad I didn't miss this event.  It was quite wonderful.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment