Saturday, October 22, 2011

Noticing

I notice things that most people don't.  I'm not sure why I do and most don't, but I like what happens inside of me when I make connections.

I notice when the night goes out of the air in the morning.  Something changes in the atmosphere - maybe the humidity or that one degree of temperature.  Suddenly, it isn't early morning anymore.  It's full day.

When I was cleaning the backyard this morning, I found a violet and a dandelion.  I also saw a robin.  That combined with nippy air made me feel springy instead of almost winter.

A couple of the years since I've been in southern Indiana, the robins stayed all winter.  Those were mild winters. Last year, the robins disappeared around November 4th.  We had 13 snows.  Smart birds to get out of here before that all fell!  I will note when I stop seeing them this year.

Noticing weather patterns is one of my favorite things to do.  I was counting the fogs in August.  While I marked about 8 fogs, one of my coworkers, who travels through more open areas to get to work, said she's counted one for almost every day of the month.  I guess we'll see who comes out closer.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment