Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's January - I Think?

Either my town has been secretly transported to Louisiana - or a couple of months have fallen off of the calendar.  I have never seen a tornado in January.  What the heck!!

When I left the house at 8 this morning, the clouds were doing little swirly things.  When I walked out of the post office several minutes later, a portion of the sky was green.  And I am well aware of what that means.

I headed for the library which has a safe area in bad weather and once again thanked the Lord that the tree was no longer hanging over our house.  I spent the next 40 minutes in the hallway which is the safe spot I mentioned.  It rained sideways for quite a while, but the tornado passed south of town.

Tonight I watched the news and saw that there were four tornadoes that touched down in our area.  Semis were blown off the highway and a dumpster was blown onto the highway.  Of course, trees and power lines were taken down. 

It is still January, right?  Southern Indiana, right?  Stranger and stranger.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment