Saturday, February 11, 2012

This Makes Me Weepy



(I borrowed this picture from my niece's Facebook page.)

This is my great-niece and her new baby brother.  I love this picture from the bottom of my heart.  I see the newest generation of my family, but I also see me kissing my own baby brother, lo, these many years past.  Both the past and the present give me great pleasure.  I hope they love each other as much as this as they grow up.

This is where I have to admit that my baby brother and I went through a stage where we couldn't pass each other in the hall without a fist fight.  It lasted about three years (those pre-teen, hormonally-challenged years) before we came out the other side as friends.  Even though "iron sharpens iron" and the sandpaper years help hone children into more excellent adults, I pray that these two may be spared the friction.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I have two very precious babies now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do. It makes me feel closer to them when I get to see pictures like this. I don't feel such a stranger. I wish this media had been around when your husband and sister-in-law were growing up. I almost completely missed them as children.

    ReplyDelete