Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Flying Plane-free

When I was little, I used to dream about flying.  When I was quite young, I could fly as high and as far as I wanted.  The older I got, the lower I flew and usually I would only go as far as the places I knew.  Somewhere around the age of eight or nine, I had one flying dream where I was so low that my belly scraped the ground.  I never had another flying dream after that.

I have from time to time pondered those dreams ever since.  Do you think that the soul remembers the time before it was born into a body?  The time when it was free to fly?  Do you think that at some point, the soul becomes so tied to its body that it forgets how to fly?

I've had the same feeling a couple of times when I was awake.  Those times were when I was in touch with God while I was praying and once when I wrote a 50,000 word story in 19 days.  There was no time to edit or make any corrections.  It was pure creativity - inspiration, if you will. 

I remember how much joy there was in those flying dreams and I look forward to the next time I'll be allowed to do it again. 

Happy All Hallows' Day.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment