Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just in Case

Just in case someone hasn't seen my Christmas letter yet, I'm going to post it here.  The original Christmas letter had a different picture of Angela, but I posted that one earlier and thought a new one might be more interesting.  I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas with happy memories of both God's gift and family times together.



Christmas, 2011

Love to all of my families and friends.

It’s been quite a year here in Seymour.  My brother John visited twice – once in March and once in September.  We were able to visit Lori and her family in Kentucky, and John also wandered through Oktoberfest with us.  We carried a Flat Stanley with us (for a friend in Tennessee) and had a great time.

Angela also visited twice – once in August and once for Thanksgiving.  We are more than proud of her.  I had no idea that accountants spent so much time flying from city to city.  Here she is resting from her hectic schedule guarded by her watchdogs.  Abby turned two in July, and Buddy is now 8 years old. 

Les is four years at his current job, and I have been at the library for over six years.  This town has welcomed us in. I get a real sense of belonging when people say, “You remember when that building used to be …” or “She must have gone to school with you.”  Our church is filled with wonderful people who are bent on sharing what they have with the local community and outreach to the Dominican Republic.  Every year we gather shoes for the Dominican kids so they can go to school, new shoes for local children who need them, shawls for hospice (my special project), blankets and hats for Riley’s Children’s Hospital, and a food gathering project for Community Provisions.  This summer we raised 12 ½ tons of food.  I also teach Sunday School and Les has been asked on occasion to lead the adult and teen classes.

This summer I arrived at that certain venerable age where Ivy Tech allows me to take classes tuition-free.  I took a library course which gave me enough points to recertify for my library position.  It was both challenging and fun.  I decided to continue with online classes.  I started one almost as soon as the virtual ink was dried on the final exam of the library class.  Another class will begin in February. 

I intend to pursue my writing more intensely than I have for the last several years.  Also I sadly seeded most of my large garden to grass.  I’m keeping what Mother would call a “postage-stamp garden” and will hike to the farmers’ market for most of my fresh veggies.  My garden has yielded sparse results for three years, so I’m going to let those who do it better be my suppliers.

If you are interested in viewing my current doings, I’m keeping a blog at http://mydailyadventure-kathi.blogspot.com/. 

Love to you all and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a very blessed New Year.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment