Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Missing One Ingredient - Enchiladas

The other day I baked  a turkey breast.  I thought I might use some of the meat in a batch of enchiladas.  I cut up a little over a pound of cooked meat, added a can of pinto beans and a large can of tomato sauce.  I have a recipe for Mexican spice mix.  I added an appropriate amount of that and then went to the refrigerator for the corn tortillas I was sure I had recently bought.  There weren't any.  Now what?

Well, necessity is nothing if not the inspiration for interesting ideas.  I had a bag of tortilla chips.  The brand I picked up is quite excellent, less salty and with an excellent crispiness.  (On the Border brand, if you can find it)

I crumbled some of the chips on the bottom of the baking pan.  The turkey mixture went on top of that and then I crumbled more chips  - sort of large pieces - on top.  Cheddar cheese made the final ingredient.  I baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes - just enough to warm it through and melt the cheese.

Delicious!!

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment