Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Blog

http://wheniwasyourage-kathi.blogspot.com/

I've always been interested in the family stories.  I love history in general and taught it for many years. 

I was thinking about Laura Engels Wilder, who wrote her life story after she saw travel change during her lifetime from covered wagons to airplanes.  I've seen huge changes during my years also.  Since my mother is still with us, I can call up stories going back to the Great Depression, the Dust Bowl, and World War II.  She, in fact, recently sent me 14 pages of tightly scripted notes and stories about her youth.  I'll be posting some or all of them with her name in the byline.

I think it is worth recording these thoughts, so I started a new blog. It's called When I Was Your Age.

I would be honored if you would add your own stories there as well.  Just grab a comment box and share what you remember with us.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment