Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feast of Trumpets

While I know that Jesus can come back any time, any day, any year, and it's not mine to say when, I also know that there is only one unfulfilled Jewish feast.

The Feast of Tabernacles was fulfilled when Jesus put on a dirt body and "tabernacled" with us.  Jesus fulfilled the Feasts of Passover and Atonement when He died, and the Feast of Firstfruits when He rose.  The Holy Spirit showed up on Pentecost or the Feast of Weeks.

What's left?  Only the Feast of Trumpets.  When Jesus comes back, He will appear with a trumpet call. 

"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And so we will be with the Lord forever.  Therefore encourage each other with these words."  1 Thess. 4:16-18 NIV

Therefore, each year, while the news announces to me more loudly each day that the stage is being set, I watch for my Redemption to show up.  I especially pay attention during the Feast of Trumpets.  This year it will be on September 29th. 

I am NOT proclaiming a certain date for Christ's return!  I am saying that God is a God of order.  If He fulfilled each of the other feasts on the appropriate day, why would He change the pattern now?  But I am willing for Him to show up today if He wants to.  I'm in no hurry to wait another month and a half, or another year, if He has a different date in mind.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment