Thursday, August 4, 2011

Garage Sale Tomorrow

I meant to hold this garage sale next week, but I can only walk around the heap of stuff in the dining room for so long and tomorrow is it.  The extra stuff is going!  Some of it is good stuff - even a few precious things.  But if I haven't used it and have no intention of using it, why should I keep it?

It has finally dawned on me that even if I don't have something that reminds me of a person or event, I'll still have those memories.  And if I lose the memories, senility or whatever, then having the thing won't necessarily bring the memory back.  I don't have to keep dusting the items to keep the memories.

The heat seems to have broken - at least a little bit.  For that, I am very grateful.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment