Sunday, September 4, 2011

Awakened Brain

Maybe it's because I've started to study again.  Maybe it's because the fall is upon us and I don't have so much outside stuff to do.  But I have a class or two on my future study list.  One is on Children's Literature (In college, we called it Kiddy Lit.) under the category of library studies.  The other is an ungraded online class about writing for children. 

I enjoy Children's Literature classes because it gives me a good excuse to read children's books.  Not that I need much encouragement in that department, but I also find out which books are considered classics, hot topics, and current works of excellence.

The second one is taught by an executive editor from Scholastic.  As much as I understand that it is more of a generic class.  The critiques as very mild and are not likely to be much help in shaping a manuscript for market.  But I am intrigued to find out what an editor says the current trends are and what advice I might glean from one who chooses books.

I do remember asking God to help me find some new dreams.  It feels good to have new goals.  Some of the old ones were wearing a little thin.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi


No comments:

Post a Comment