Sunday, September 18, 2011

Do You Suppose...?

A patron asked me about something called huck weaving or Swedish weaving.  I had never heard of it, but I gamely tried to find her some kind of information on the subject.  Well, I got curious and dug a little bit. 

With Swedish weaving, you can take a piece of monk's cloth, some yarn, and a yarn needle and turn a plain piece of white cloth into a piece of artwork.  The designs can be quite intricate and beautiful.  The process is simple.

Since I don't have a piece of monk's cloth handy, I pulled out a piece of afghan weaving mesh that I've had since before I got married.  Maybe I'll get it finished yet. 

I suddenly have so much to do that I've caught myself asking the Lord, "Will we be able to do crafts in heaven?  Will we give each other gifts?  Am I learning all of these things at once so I will know what to do when I get there?"

My favorite scent of Yankee Candle is no longer in production, so I might take up candle making once I run out of the ones I have.  What's next?

I hope I can do some of this stuff in heaven.  I sure don't have time to do it all now!

"If we had but world enough and time..."

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment