Monday, September 5, 2011

Feeding Sheep

Yesterday Pastor told us a story during the sermon which captured my fancy.  See what you think of it.

A woman and her elderly mother started coming to our church for three months and then asked to become members.  The mother said that she had learned more about the Bible in three months than she had in 48 years at her old church.

Not too long afterwards, their previous pastor found out that they had transferred their membership and paid them a visit. He told them they were making a huge mistake gong to that church and the pastor didn't teach the truth.

When our pastor found out about the visit, he called the other pastor.  He said, "I hear you visited with these two ladies."

"Yes."

"I heard you told them I don't teach the truth."

"Yes."

"Have you ever attended one of my church services?"

"No.

"Have you ever heard one of my sermons?"

"No."

"Have you ever listened to a CD of one of my sermons?"

"No."

"Then how do you know that I don't teach the truth?"

"Well... You shouldn't steal other church's sheep!"

Our pastor said, "I don't steal sheep.  I plant grass.  If they get fed better here than they do in your church, that's your fault, not mine."

That's why I attend there.  The grass is excellent, juicy, and fresh every week.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE how that was put! We are where we are because of the quality of the grass too! LOL Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings, Mel.

    ReplyDelete