Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Comments on People's Opinions

This Chick-Fil-A hoohah has made people show what they really think.  I'm not sure all of them are listening to what they are actually saying.

The news show that I listen to posted comments that people called in to the show about whether they agreed with Chick-Fil-A's CEO's stand on family values.

One person said this, "This is America. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But no one is entitled to be bigotted or closed-minded."

I translated this to mean, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as they agree with me."

Is anyone other than me concerned about the thought police?  Doesn't tolerance work both ways?  Shouldn't I be able to say what I believe without being called prejudiced, bigotted, closed-minded, intolerant, racism, homophobe? 

Why is Christianity the only religion that has become unacceptable?  We are supposed to celebrate alternate holidays, remove all references to the Christian God or Jesus, give no offense to any Muslim even if they state that they want to drive Israel into the sea or if they blow each other (and us) up.

America has become so multicultural that we have rejected our foundations.  And the thought police will win unless the silent majority stops being so silent.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment