Sunday, August 12, 2012

Two Anniversaries a Year

I married a widowed father of one girl.  My daughter was very grieved by her mother's death and Les thought it would be a good thing if I were living with them to stablize the emotions in the household.  I'm not a liver-in, so we married at the courthouse a couple of days after school got out for the summer - May 30th.
My mother's brothers and sisters were all planning to get together for a family reunion in our area for a week starting August 9th.  I wanted a church wedding with all of the family present, so we planned a second ceremony for the 9th.

Weddings are a lot of work, so while I was addressing wedding invitations, I told Les, "If we have two weddings, I get two anniversaries every year."

To date. Les has honored that request and we just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.  We've been married just over 15 years.

I always have to explain it when I tell people how long I've been married.  But then I've never lived a "normal" life. 

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment