Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday "Off" and Dog Food

Today started early and kept right on going. 

I wear a pedometer.  There are times (like every day) when I question its results, but I keep wearing it.  Today, I did some Father's Day shopping, hit the post office, mowed the lawn, spent an hour at the library, made two loaves of dog bread, washed dishes, etc, etc.  My pedometer puts me at 3 miles.  Honestly, it was more than that.

Dog bread, you ask?  It's a long story.

Basically, Buddy the golden was getting skin rashes and ear infections.  Abby wouldn't eat dog food until late at night by which time she must have been starving to death.  We tried different food brands.  I added yogurt to the food.  They'd eat the yogurt and ignore the kibble.

I did some research and talked to our vet.  He told me which vitamins must be included.  I invented two recipes - one for bread made in a bread machine and stew made in a crock pot.  They take no time to make as I can throw everything in the machine and walk away to do something else.  These dogs are healthy, free of rashes and infections, agile, happy, calm, and have very soft fur.  I love petting them now.

I'll list my ingredients if anyone wants to know my recipes.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment