Thursday, June 16, 2011

Never Boring

Some people think I live a simple life, and in some respects, maybe I do.  But I always find something to watch, something to learn, something new to keep me thinking and my hands busy.

I work in a library ( I LOVE books!).  I keep a garden and care for one husband and two slightly neurotic dogs.  I do my best to keep an older house in repair, work a garden, and play with many forms of yarn art (for which read crafts).  I like to read and write.  I've actually managed to get published twice.  Chickens May Not Cross the Road and Other Crazy But True Laws is a picture book for children about amazingly dumb laws that passed various state legislatures.  Jim Brandon's Adventures contains two complete stories about three boys who get into situations as boys do.  Both can be found at Amazon.com.

I started crocheting at 14.  My grandmother sat by me and patiently taught me how to make a granny square.  My first square turned out to be a triangle, but Grandma did not laugh at me, so I kept practicing until I became quite good at it. 

My love of all things yarn moved on to a brief fling with knitting, followed by weaving on small looms.  My brother made me an inkle loom which I currently keep in constant use. I've made a rug on the legs of a cardtable and another on a hula hoop.

No, my life is never boring.  I'll share more later.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment