Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby Cell Phone

Today I plan to crochet a couple of cell phones.  No, you don't have to adjust either one of your eyes.  I'm making a couple of toy cell phones for two toddlers that I know.

I would put a picture of it, but so far, the picture belongs to someone else.  I'll take my own photos when I finish.

I've tried amigurumi before.  I've made a wolf, a couple of dogs, fish, a hedgehog, and a few other things.  It's basically crocheting in the round. Every stitch must be counted, and it's done in a spiral, so you don't have an end point in each row.  I can do it, but it isn't my favorite.  Also, I'm not fond of sewing the arms and legs and tails and ears and noses to the body.  It's hard to make it all come out exactly even.

Well, I've come across another style.  This one is done in knit.  Go to Google Images and put "mochimochi" in the search bar. You can knit ANYTHING!  There are knitted couches, skyscrapers, gnomes, bathtubs with each separate soap bubble, and a vacuum cleaner.  The little animals are really cute.  As I am not much of a knitter, I can't tell you all the tricks to this craft, but I have observed a couple of consistancies that seem to apply to all mochimochi.  Each finished piece is very tiny.  Many mochimochis are shown next to a penny or quarter.  The other consistancy is that every piece has two black dots for eyes.  Even the bathtub and each soap bubble have two little black dots for eyes. 

Well, I'm on to my crocheted cell phones.  I'll leave the mochimochi to better knitters than I am.  But they are fun to look at.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment