Friday, July 1, 2011

Senior Status

Goodwill gives special discounts to seniors on Wednesdays around here.  I had to laugh when I would go in and claim the discount - and got carded.  Imagine being carded because you look too young for a senior discount! 

Ivy Tech offers free tuition to seniors (with certain qualifications).  I went in today to sign up for some classes.  Somehow even being carded now is becoming less funny. 

When I was in college during the Viet Nam War, having started life shortly after the blowing up of the first atomic bombs, my generation was persuaded that we would never live past the age of 30.  Well, we passed 30 - and were astounded.  Then we passed 40, and then 50.  Now my BABY sister is 50 and I'm a "Senior". 

I'm still amazed we haven't blown ourselves up.  Maybe that's a little PTSD from the atomic bomb drills of my youth.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment