Friday, July 1, 2011

Switching Crafts

I have always been a fast crocheter, as in "speed of light".  Somewhere around 1990, I visited with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Canada.  I wanted to make a couple of afghans for them and didn't want to mail them across the border - postage, forms to fill out, you know.  So I crocheted two good-sized afghans in 9 days.  Gave myself tendonitis in my elbow and learned to brush my teeth and comb my hair left-handed.  It took months to recover from that.  Now I crochet in smaller increments.  I also trade off with knitting and loom knitting.  It keeps me going with my yarn arts without hurting myself.

A couple of years back, my brother John made me an inkle loom.  I love it!  Even when I overextend myself, weaving belts and straps is easy on my joints and theraputic for my soul. 

I talked to a committee lady at the Farmers' Market a week ago.  Every fourth Saturday, crafters join the farmers with homemade goodies.  When I explained what I was doing, her eyes did that surprised - delighted flicker.  She told me whenever I wanted to sell my work, I would be welcome.  I don't have a fourth Saturday off from work until August.  And then again, that's only a couple of months.  I'd better get weaving.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment